Parasite control is Important for your pet, family and community. It is healthier for your pet and helps prevent diseases caused by transmission of parasites from animals to people.
We recommend annual fecal checks
- To ensure deworming medication is working
- To ensure we are not developing resistance to the deworming medication
- To identify parasites that are not controlled with routine medications
- To minimize risk of transmitting parasites from pets to children and adults
- Consider flea and tick prevention for outdoor pets
For outdoor cats, we recommend deworming at least once every 3 months.
For dogs, we recommend annual heartworm prevention which includes medication and regular testing. All heartworm medication also protect against intestinal worms.
Heartworm, fleas, ticks and other parasites are other considerations.